Douglas Fir Oil Doterra Pseudotsuga menziesii
Douglas Fir is a conifer that grows natively throughout North America. This tall, evergreen fir tree is frequently used in the Christmas tree industry and has a lemon-scented note that’s sweet and refreshing. doTERRA Douglas Fir essential oil is sustainably sourced from young trees in New Zealand, where it is a highly invasive species threatening the country’s ecosystem. By harvesting young Douglas Fir trees and using them for essential oil, doTERRA is helping combat the environmental impact of the trees overtaking the land while providing a premium conifer essential oil. Douglas Fir has a unique chemical composition that’s particularly rich in beta-pinene, contributing to its fresh and clear aroma. Douglas Fir can also be used to cleanse the skin and provide an uplifting aroma. Blending Douglas Fir with citrus oils will create an uplifting environment and refreshing aroma.
- Combine Douglas Fir with Wild Orange, Lemon, or Bergamot in a diffuser to provide an uplifting aroma.
- Add 1 drop to facial cleanser, bar soap, or body wash for an invigorating aroma.
- Diffuse 2–3 drops with Eucalyptus, or rub into hands and inhale deeply.
- Combine with 1-2 drops of Wintergreen to a carrier oil for a relaxing massage experience.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimise any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Keep out of reach of children. Possible skin sensitivity. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician.
- Promotes a clear sensation on inhalation.
- Provides an uplifting aroma.
Clean, fresh, woody, airy
B-pinene, a-pinene, 3-carvene, sabinene